Vintage game pirates.
- Tired of watching terrible Big East teams play in BCS bowls every year, TCU has decided to join up in 2012 and give the conference at least one legit football power. It’ll be interesting to see who else the Big Least adds or removes going forward.
- An Alabama football staffer was fired for playing “Take the Money and Run” prior to the team’s Iron Bowl match-up with Auburn over the weekend. Hilarious.
- Deadspin’s Drew Magary tells you why it’s OK to hate Taylor Swift. Kudos to him. It needed to be said.
- In case you missed it, Andre Johnson owned Cortland Finnegan in the closest thing to an NFL fight we’ve seen in a while.
- It’s the Sex Scene or Murder Scene game. I got an 800. Not bad. [Probably NSFW]
- In the battle of cars versus animals, Texas loses in a landslide.
- Yeah, Coldplay totally ripped Mario off:
No one rode a flying bullet quite like Leslie Nielsen.
- Auburn sits atop the updated BCS standings following their comeback victory over Bama, while Boise State’s fall from grace leaves them all the way down at #11. With TCU done and Oregon basically done (Oregon St. doesn’t count), the onus falls on Auburn to take care of business against South Carolina in the SEC title game.
- Stevie Johnson throws God under the bus following 5 dropped passes, including the potential game winner, in the Bills’ loss yesterday. Come on, Stevie. God did you a pretty big solid by letting you make an NFL roster in the first place. Don’t bail on Him now.
- Jon Gruden to Da U? Stranger things have happened.
- The Onion presents the 2010 Sports Commentator Awards. I’m surprised that Stuart Scott’s lazy eye didn’t get to hand out an award. It may just give up all together now.
- Surely, you can’t be serious… Leslie Nielsen has passed away at the age of 84.
- 6 eerily specific world events predicted by comics. John Bryne = Nostradamus.
- Isn’t great when your dad puts everything in perspective for you?
- Year after year, a 42-year-old Saudi surgeon remains single, against her will. Her father keeps turning down marriage proposals, and her hefty salary keeps going directly to his bank account.
- RIP Leslie:
There was plenty of moving and shaking this week (wait for it), especially in the Maui Invitational where UCONN battled through an earthquake (nice, right?) to upset #2 Michigan State and #8 Kentucky on their way to the Paradise Title. The Huskies were rewarded with a #6 ranking in this week’s poll after being unranked heading in to the week. Other big movers include Tennessee who moved up to #8 and Minnesota who made it up to #15, after both teams won their respective tournaments.
Remember that this poll also includes a combined ballot from the polls submitted by readers. If you would like to have your poll included in the combined ballot, e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
So… Without further ado… Here’s our poll.
1. Duke 6-0 (149 – 5)
2. Ohio St. 5-0 (145 – 1)
3. Kansas 6-0 (133)
4. Pittsburgh 7-0 (132)
5. Michigan St. 5-1 (120)
6. UCONN 5-0 (116)
7. Kansas St. 5-1 (106)
8. Tennessee 5-0 (93)
9. Memphis 5-0 (88)
10. Villanova 5-1 (86)
11. Kentucky 4-1 (83)
11. Syracuse 6-0 (83)
13. Baylor 4-0 (80)
14. Georgetown 6-0 (66)
15. Minnesota 6-0 (61)
16. Illinois 6-1 (59)
17. Missouri 5-0 (57)
18. Florida 5-1 (53)
19. Texas 5-1 (50)
20. San Diego St. 6-0 (38)
21. Florida St. 5-1 (27)
22. BYU 6-0 (26)
23. Washington 3-2 (21)
24. Purdue 5-1 (20)
25. Louisville 4-0 (17)
Others receiving votes: UNLV (14), Arizona (8), Temple (4), Virginia Tech (4), Gonzaga (3), Richmond (3), West Virginia (3), Wisconsin (2), Butler (1)
Please, please, please let UK beat those low-down dirty snitches today.
[Hat tip to KSR]
Good season Boise
Kellen Moore should win Heisman
I blame the blue field
Happy Thanksgiving Eve, everyone. Remember that preparation is the key to success.