Have a job opening? Get Tubby with it.
- An NBA ref is suing a Minnesota sports writer over a Tweet insinuating that he would give Kurt Rambis a make-up call. Seems like overkill to me, but I can understand why an NBA ref might be hyper-sensitive over matters of integrity.
- WNBA player Cappie Pondexter thinks Japan is getting comeuppance for Pearl Harbor. I figured that whole “atomic bomb” thing covered that, but that’s just me.
- Tubby Smith to Arkansas? It makes sense on a lot of levels, but you would think Smith would prefer the relative comfort of the white North to the pressure cooker in Hog Country.
- NC State is finally set to fire Sidney Lowe. The real news, though, is that the Pack Ad is ready to pay $3 Million per for their next coach. Names being thrown around include: Rick Barnes (pipe dream), Sean Miller (pipe dream), Mark Fox (maybe?), and, you guessed it, Tubby Smith (why not?).
- NFL players are excited for the long work stoppage. “Playing football and getting hurt is the worst.”
- 18 old-timey photos you won’t believe aren’t Photoshopped. Teddy Roosevelt did ride a moose to work afterall.
- Gilbert Gottfried has figured out how to be even more annoying without audio.
- Great NCAA moments Lego-ized: