We’re gonna party like it’s 1998.
- Perhaps the strangest Final Four in history is now set, as KENTUCKY (Joygasm), UCONN, VCU and Butler have all advanced to Houston. Out of the 6 million plus brackets submitted to ESPN, only two people had this grouping and I’m guessing they both enjoyed eating paint chips as children.
- Poor Sad Jayhawk. Bill Self may now be 1-5 in regional finals, but at least that 1 lead to a title. Keep your beak up.
- Tennessee has hired Missouri State coach Cuonzo Martin to fill in while they wait out the sanctions and then try to hire a real coach. Dennis Felton and Tom Crean feel your pain, Cuonzo.
- HBO is set to air a special on cheating in NCAA football, which will prominently feature former Auburn and Alabama football players. Honestly, just assume that anyone who’s winning a national title in football or basketball has cheated or tried to cheat in some way to get there. That’s just reality now.
- Even Newt Gingrich is a little depressed at the prospects of his presidential run. Is it 1998 again? I think so.
- 6 TV shows you won’t believe saved people’s lives. Simon’s over-the-top cruelty actually saved a woman’s life?
- The Chinese are selling key chains with live turtles and fish in them. These guys aren’t going to stand for it.
- Be careful, pillow fights can get a little out of hand: